The following information is pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter EU Regulation), in relation to the treatment of personal data which the University of Padua, as Data Controller, comes into possession of for the purpose of performing activities resulting from gaining access to the www.unipdstore.it website by its users.
The processing of personal data is based on principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency and protection of confidentiality and all rights of the interested parties, as specified in the following information.
- Holders and treatment of data processing
- Responsible for data protection
- Sources and types of data
- Purpose of the treatment
- Methods of data processing
- Legal basis of the processing and nature of the provision
- Data recipients
- Data retention
- Rights of the interested party
- Procedures for exercising rights
- Changes to any information
1. Data controller
The University of Padua (hereinafter the University) is the Data Controller, with registered office at Via VIII Febbraio n. 2, 35122 – Padua, Italy (certified e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Responsible for data protection
The Data Protection Officer of the University is appointed pursuant to art. 37 of the EU Regulation. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
3. Sources and types of data
Personal data that may be processed by the Data Controller for the purposes indicated in point 4 are hereby specified.
- a) Personal data (name, surname, date of birth, gender) and contact details submitted for registration
- b) Data provided in the event of a request for information and/or assistance
- c) Navigational data related to server use within the website are collected through cookies and are in accordance with the relevant information available at the following link: http://www.unipd.it/privacy.
The data indicated above is processed only to the extent that is necessary to achieve the purposes described in point 4.
4. Purposes of the treatment
Purposes for which the User is required to provide the Data Controller with their personal data is as follows:
- a) to allow the User to register on the website www.unipdstore.it and use the services made thereby available, including customer assistance and / or reporting services
- b) to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- c) with the explicit consent of the User, to send newsletters and /or commercial communications, through traditional means of communication, including e-mail, for the promotion and / or sale of products and / or services marketed by the UNIPD Store of the University of Padua.
5. Methods of data processing
The user’s personal data is processed with the support of computerized means and is protected through the appropriate security measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of all personal data. In particular, the Data Controller adopts appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the personal data in its possession against loss, theft, as well as the use, disclosure, or unauthorized modification of personal data.
6.Legal basis of the processing and nature of the provision
Provision of personal data for the purposes of processing, as is described above, is necessary for website registration and the use of available services.
Processing of data under the legal bases in points 4.a and 4.b is as follows; processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party to or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract and to state that the processing is necessary to compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject (Article 6, paragraph 1 , letter b and c of the EU Regulation).
For the purposes referred to in point 4.c), the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter ‘a’ of the EU Regulation).
7.Recipients of the data
The recipients of collected personal data is defined as any Data Processor appointed by the Data Controller, as well as the natural persons in charge of data processing for the purposes indicated above, the Data Controller’s employees and suppliers, within the scope of their duties and / or any contractual obligations inherent in commercial relations with Users.
The data subject’s personal data will not be disclosed or transferred outside of Italy.
8. Data retention
Determining the retention period of your personal data is in responds to the principle of necessity of the treatment. Therefore, your personal data will be kept for the entire period that is necessary to carry out the purposes indicated in point 4. In particular, data collected for contractual purposes referred to in point 4.a, are kept for the entire duration of the contract and for 10 years following its expiration for defense purposes and / or to assert the right of the University of Padua in judicial and / or out-of-court proceedings in case of disputes relating to the execution of the contract; the data collected for the purposes of the law referred to in point 4.b, are kept for a period equal to the duration prescribed for each type of data.
The data collected for the marketing purposes referred to in point 4.c, are kept for a period equal to the entire duration of the user’s registration on the site.
Once the above terms have elapsed, the User’s data may be deleted, anonymized and / or aggregated.
9. Rights of the interested party
The interested party has the following rights:
- a) right of access to personal data (Article 15 of the EU Regulation);
- b) right of rectification or integration of their data (Article 16 of the EU Regulation);
- c) right of cancellation (right to be forgotten), within the limits permitted by art. 17, paragraph 3, EU Regulation;
- d) right to limit the processing under the conditions set out in art. 18 EU Regulation;
- e) right to data portability, as governed by art. 20 EU Regulation;
- f) right to object to processing at any time (Article 21 of the EU Regulation);
- g) right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data.
10. Procedures for exercising rights
To exercise their rights, the interested party can contact the University by writing to the certified e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or to the e-mail address email@example.com. Alternatively, the interested party can write to: UNIPD Store – Fundraising Office – University of Padua, Via VIII Febbraio n. 2, 35122 Padua, Italy.
The University is required to provide a response within one month of the request, which can be extended up to three months in case of particular complexity of the request.
11.Any changes to the information
The University of Padua has the right to modify or supplement this information at any time. Any substantial changes will be published on the UNIPD website